Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facts about "Jana Gana Mana" - Just a thought for the National Anthem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi friends,

when we doesn't know wat "JANA GANA MANA" really means we don't have the right to blame or jus caste our vote to rumours.

there are controversies going on but until all Bengali brothers claim that this is not written in respect of our "MOTHERLAND" it is better to keep our mouths zipped.

I am not criticizing anyone..jus clarify first before speak out.....

Comment

THanks very much haris for the post. It is true. And i appreciate what you have written.

As I am a Bengali i know that it is with due respect to our motherland India. It never even states anything foreign.

And i have a lot of Bengali friends and they also think the same as me and all the professors also think the same as me.

Comment

Thank you for the support India1989.I just expressed my view on the controversies.

Comment

ur welcome. I also tried to say the same thing and you helped me over here. With your arguments you actually backed me up. I think you are one of the few people who backed me up. and thanks for that.

Comment

of course,that was true that a Benali can understand wat really Jana gana mana..... means.

Anyway nice to meet u here in this grp n moreover luck is mine.......

Comment

Nice to meet you too haris.

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
                Thanks for sharing the video with us onlinepreetu.

You are welcome… and even I agree with both of you… a Bengali can truly understand the meaning of JANA GANA MANA… I remember in my school days we had a Hindi singing teacher who was a Bengali and how particular she was about all of us pronouncing and singing the Jana Gana Man properly…

Comment

thanks for everyone's support for India's national anthem. You are right onlinepreetu. One should not make wrong meanings out of India's national anthem when they don't know what it means. If Jana Gana Mana means paying tribute to England then Bengalis woudln't have accepted it as our national anthem. Jana Gana Mana pays tribute to India and Rabindranath sang this song in the praise of India and against the British rule during that time after he rejected the Night reward which was going to be awarded by Britishers during that time.

Comment

Yes,I do agree with the idea........

I got a mail from my friend a few months back....It was disgusting to any Indian that Laloo Prasad yadav n his wife Rabri Devi(at tht time she was Chief Minister of Bihar) sat relaxed looking at a brochure at an Independence day function where all the others were standing n singing "Jana Gana Mana........."are those the leaders who r going to rule India?How pity it is?n we selected them as usual......

Friends,this is a simple example n all most all the political leaders are in the same ship.......but a little better.....tht's it.Some of my friends are ashamed of singing National Anthem...........we should pay tribute to our country,it is the first right of Indian citizen............Feel proud when ever u sing Jana Gana Mana.........

Comment

yeah i remember. They were just sitting. They are the worst ministers ever. They are now out of any minister thingy but sad thing is that Laloo is our railway minister. Man that was the saddest day ever. people who are ashamed to sing the national anthem should be ashamed of themselves. I and some of my friends look down with shame at those Indians in Canada who doesn't respect our national anthem. THey have no respect in the Indian society over here and they themselves suffer later.

Those people are useless. We all should feel proud and respect our national anthem whenever they are sung.

Comment

I can't believe people actually follow wikipeadia.Anyone can edit that article.I can go over there and write that it was meant for King SLASH and not King George .
                        And about Laloo Yadav and Rabdi,should we even care whether they stand up for the national anthem.they are still gonna remain lousy leaders(although Laloo's doing wonders for railways these days).

Comment

i know eh. Now i think Wikipedia sucks. ANyone can go there and write anything they wish. We can go and write anything bad. WOw that's great. Now i am gonn creat havoc in that site watch.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge,Laloo is the Worst leader of India n it is really a very sad to say that he is the Railway Minister.He was already involved in "Grass" scheme n how he can be believed this time tht he won't do any other scam???

India1989,if it is Canada,then it can have atleast a concession.But these stupids living in India feel shame to sung Jana Gana Mana.......

Comment

man i think Laloo should face the worst punishment ever. I dont' know that how can people tolerate them. He's the worst. how can one not stand during the national anthem. Whats wrong with him. Seriously looking at his face makes me so mad and angry. Man may God punish him.

Comment

ha ha ha........We saw only Laloo n we have many many great great politicians like him......

He is ONE of the worst,tht's it!!!!!!

Lets stop discussing abt politicians n welcome some more ideas regarding the thread on which we started talking........

Comment

Working...
                                X