Biotechnology In India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biotechnology In India

I want to pursue biotechnology but can't seem to find out which is the best university for getting a B.Tech. Biotech. in New Delhi. Any ideas?
    I also heard that Amity gives courses in biotech but is not a good institute as a degree from amity isn't worth much. Is that true or just a rumour among the collge students? Everyone says this but I once read a bulletin in a news channel which claimed that Amity was the best institue for biotech in India.

I am so confused. Please help.

Is it true that biotch doesn't have much scope in India because it is a relatively new field? Would you say that it would be a risk for me to try and get into it?

Please advice.

it is a wise decision if u are determined. nothing is easy as it seems. but in india there are lots of chances in bio and nano technology. u must try ur best. pursue your career. i am also in a dilemma about the courses i have to choose and...
    miqsh
    EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Hi Twinkle
      Before entering into a Biotech course, you can consider some of these points:
      1. With a PCB in 10+2, you are eligible for a B.Sc in Biotech and not a B.Tech. If a college is offering you B.Tech even with PCB then they probably aren't even worth looking at as they just want to fill in their seats.
      2. Biotech is a research oriented field. You can never obtain a high profile job with a mere B.Tech or B.Sc, a Ph.D. hence is essential.
      3.Obviously India is not yet a Biotech hub though the future does hold promise.
      4.Besides, you should analyse your own intellectual abilities as this field requires above average intelligence.
      5.As for Amity, I cannot say anything for sure other than this that their selection procedure is very simplistic and getting into their Biotech programs too easy. This does
      prove to an extent that their courses aren't worth it. But you better find out...

All the best,heya!!
      Six and Out
      Your source for cricket news, views, and pics!

Comment

I am not sure about biotech in India but i know there are good opportunities. If you are a biotech person you can have really good opportunities. But i am not sure which university is the best for it.

Comment

that was a lot of help soumo.
          miqsh

Comment

man you online again. my god. god save me. don't post after me. man. another trouble. You noticed i attacked each an every member with my posts today and i am tired.

Comment

well it would be good if there was someone to bring that tower which u are standing down as soon as possible. and don't worry the other members are definitely better at countering than u.
              miqsh

Comment

maybe they are. Maybe they are a heck lot better at countering then me. who cares? Do you care? I didn't say that i was the best. I just said that i attacked everyone today. And i will see who comes out to be the winner.

Comment

u always brag that u are the best at irritating everyone ain't u?
                  miqsh

Comment

this is a biotechnology thread miqsh. Not an irritating thread. Is irritating biotechnology to you. I think we should stick to the proper topic miqsh. So you know anything about biotechnology?

Comment

well other than mutating plants no i don't know anything.
                      miqsh

Comment

Well its like making a better variety of plants. That's whats biotechnology is all about.

Comment

The best universities??
                          Oh, I missed that one. Anyway, for a BTech in Biotech, IITs are the best. For an M.Sc JNU is the best bet. B.Sc is run several private institutes like Amity and Banasthali. The best way is to graduate with honours in Science( not Biotech) from D.U or M.U and then go for an M.Sc and then PhD i.e for those who have PCB.
                          Six and Out
                          Your source for cricket news, views, and pics!

Comment

Working...
                          X