New airports in smaller cities through PPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New airports in smaller cities through PPP

Arun Jaitley announces yesterday new airports in smaller cities, towns through PPP ans he said that while air travel has increased, it is still a dream of many Indian to fly.Continuing the Centre's high pitch for public private partnership (PPP) that was witnessed in the Rail Budget 2014, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday announced that new airports will be developed in smaller cities and towns to encourage air travel in the country.

While presenting the first Union Budget of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), Jaitley told the Lok Sabha the Airport Authority of India (AAI) will build the airports through public private partnership (PPP) process.

Non-metro airports in the country now account for only about 30 per cent of the total air traffic but this is expected to rise to 45 per cent in the next few years.

India plans to build 200 low-cost airports in the next 20 years to connect tier-II and tier-III cities, the minister said.

The government has finished development work at 33 non-metro airports for increasing regional connectivity.

Construct 15 additional airports under the greenfield airport policy by identifying the most suitable low cost viable model.
    I Love this Forum

This is simply Awesome, I want to share my experience here, I am from Mysore, when i was in 12th, Karnataka Govt. opened Airport in Mysore. It was an awesome day for all Mysoreans by that time. Now, many small cities and people like will enjoy that moment. Thanks to Govt. of India.

__________________________________________________ ____________
    Shilpa Shree
    Last edited by Parveen Komal; 07-11-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

its really an awesome news........... every one wish to fly........ hope so it will full fill the dreams of every one

Comment

Great News!!!!
        I also want to travel by air ........

Comment

Working...
        X