Rape... crime against women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by star_haris
    Well India1989 your question is appreciated and thanks for the facts.But my friend,according to the survey held by Times of India very recently 68% of the people expressed that dressing of the women itself attracts a guy towards the sexual desire.

Its not the thing that every gal who wears a mini skirt should be raped.I think it depends on the area where she is.If a high class girl wears a mini skirt and went to a 5 star hotel,it will be ok....but when the same gal comes to a park with the same dress,many of the guys will be looking after her.It encourages guys to think in an unusual manner.

When all the foreigners look towards the Indian saree which they appreciate n like to wear,ours are looking for the skirts.........wat a pity?wearing jeans is fashionable n comfortable but wat abt the skirts n minis friend.....even they feel a little uncomfortable at times........
    uhh..... I don't know.Haven't tried them yet ....LOL.....On a serious note women wear skimpy cloths to get attention from men or maybe to look prettier than other girls(who knows what goes on in a woman's head). Any normal guy would have sexual desires when he sees a really hot chic passing by him in a micro mini but that doesn't mean every man goes about sexually abusing every girl...If I give you a knife that doesn't mean you go about killing people.Same logic

Comment

I got the thing friends(India1989,Slash) that only by wearing small/micro minis doesn't have any effect on crimes related to rape.....I do agree that it depends upon the attitude of the person who's going to attempt it.......

But I am unable to convince with the answers u r providing.......I am unable to express my ideas clearly.......but i do agree with wat u r saying..........

Comment

star_haris words ==> Wearing jeans is fashionable & comfortable but what about the short skirts and minis .....even they feel a little uncomfortable at times........
        I do agree with this.

SLASH words ==> On a serious note women wear skimpy cloths to get attention from men or maybe to look prettier than other girls(who knows what goes on in a woman's head).
        One Girl never look prettier than other girl when she wear mini skirt... , they wear to get attention of men on them rather then other girl...

Any normal guy would have sexual desires when he sees a really hot chic passing by him in a micro mini but that doesn't mean every man goes about sexually abusing every girl... Its all depend on the mentality of men and how he was brought up.

Women can wear what ever they want to wear, its their life but they should understand that depending on occassion and place they should dress up, that will make them more secure... Even film actress those who dressup in mini skit in film never wear such cloths in real life i mean to say in public place... .

This is also wrong that girls in five star hotel or disco are not been raped... there also such thing happen but most of time matter never comes in public or it never goes to police station. There are many case in which boy friend of girl rapes her and then friends of boy also rape that girl.
        Last edited by sunilkumar; 08-28-2006, 04:07 PM.
        "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Okay wow well this is my first post in the forum other then the intro section.

I agree with alot that is being said, but from personal expericence which i will not go further into detail.... I firmly believe and studies have shown that rape is most often about control and not about sexual desires. However,that is not always the case.

People often think of rape as a crime that is commited only against women but a small percentage of rapes and sexual assults are commited against men and children. It is never the victims fault, however in saying that women and men alike should take precautions in their own safety and take the time and care to teach their children. The more aware you are the safer you will be.

As far as rape goes in personal relationships such as a marriage. NO means NO. It doesnt matter how far you've gotten into the act if you decide or feel uncomfortable making love with someone and you say NO then thats it. Neither partner should force each other into sex. Rape is rape and its your body weither ur a man or a woman. If you really love your partner you will respect how they feel, there are always other things to do that can be just as intiment and close like cuddling or maybe just laying together watching a movie together.

Lastly, Sexual and domestic crimes are the least reported crimes and the biggest problems in most countries. On average only 1 in 10 sexual and domestic crimes are reported. If more people understood that its not the victims fault ( a commen misconception ) and more victims reported what happened to them then i feel the rate of these crimes would greatly decline.
          Wait in the power of knowing what is possible... Do not waver... Remain steady... Remain true to your goals and allow life to carry you. That which is worthwhile is sometimes created slowly

Sometimes our faith must take on a deeper understanding and trust Gods wisdom when he does not speak

Comment

I do agree with mollie but in my opinion being a male i think... it's not only about control its about weakness and strength..

See control can come in case were teenager is not able to control his sexual desier & commits crime. This also occur when girl and boy are in love, Its like if any one of them is not in control & they do sex against wish of any one.

Most of time, in rape case offender know that victim is helpless (weak), they know that victim is not in a position to defend herself /himself, so they commit crime of rape or sexual assualt.

If offender know that a girl is daughter of Police Officer... 95% he will be in control...
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Working...
            X