Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade unions in IT sector

Hi,
    The left's opinion to introduce trade unions in the IT sector has come as a sort of surprise although it was not totally unexpected. The real question ,however, lies in the fact that do we really require trade unions in this sector at all? They are there to protect the rights of the workers, to give them a common representation and as the left correctly pointed out to bargain collectively. But, when trade unions were started they were to protect hugely illiterate working class and prevent them from getting exploited. In this respect the IT sector does not require a trade union at all. All firms have their HR department functioning well along with the right forums and processes with right levels of escalation. So we need to think before we risk the major industry contributing to our economic growth.

Regards,
    Sarcar

I am not in favour of having trade union in IT sector.. IT professional are higly skilled labour... but they are consider professional like , lawyer, doctor etc. should we consider all this professional under trade union .. ha ha ha.... in IT sector Employee are educated they know how do barganing when they switch the job .. and when there is no work (i.e. project) in IT company they just kick there employee who are on bench ... and frankly saying before IT company kick his employee smart qualifed employee switch his job from that company to another compnay.... IT professional can start there own business in field of software development.... only initial 3-4 yrs job of IT professional is tough after that ..... if he/she is talented than compnay cannot kick them....In India IT professional in good IT compnay has to work for 5 days min 40 hrs in whole week ... i dont think they want to work 6 days and 48 hours .... Some time they have to work more than this but ... to complete project they have to do it... same way the labour who work in night to complete the making or road bridge thats it...
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

IT is the sunrise sector. The conditions prevailing among the lower level workers in many small companies in the IT/BPO areas as bordering on anarchy. The conditions are worse than the exploitation seen in villages.
      Trade Unions should be banned from all industries, leave alone introducing them in the IT industry! They disrupt proper functioning of the organisation through strikes, protests etc.
      IT/BPO/ITeS sectors have abysmal labour laws and the only way to address these problems and bring succour to these employees is to form trade unions.
      Megrisoft Team Member
      Search India

Comment

Trade Union shuold be there for protection of worker right but not to create unnecessary strike .... It has its own advantage and its draw back ...
        Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

THese strikes will one day bring India down. THese strikes are of no use. Workers in India have more right then workers in Canada. But they don't do strike here. WHy do they do there. THe more they get the more they want. That is the main problem.

Comment

India1989<== Wages given to worker in Canada is comparatively more than the Indian labour in India, so they do strike, here lot of population so many labour are available. Some time people doing strike are correct also, but now a days strike are more or less motivated by political party who for their purpose initiate the strike. If management is weak labour do strike.
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Working...
            X