What all will a mobile phone kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What all will a mobile phone kill?

The mobile phone industry is booming ... and booming big time. Being led by technology, we are seeing more and more innovations happening in this industry. This has led to a sort of convergance of functions. A mobile phone is no longer a mere communication tool. It clicks photographs, it stores music & videos, it stores data, it has net access, it helps organise time, it has games and so on and so forth...

With so many functions packed into one tool, many industries seem to be under threat. Take the alarm clock infustry, for example. It is declining rapidly. Who wants an alarm clock by the bed anymore, mobile suffices.

Other vulnerable sectors are suddenly waking up to the need of recreating themselves in order to remain relevant.

One interesting industry to watch out for is the wrist watch industry. We all know that wrist watches have stood for something more than a mere time-telling device. It stood for your personality, your status and so on. It was an accessory, a fashion statement ... but fashion changes...

I feel wrist watches are under threat. Naturally, this does not apply to the Rolexes of the world... they are a class. But what about the other fashion brands? Who wants a strap around their wrist to tell time or express themselves? The mobile does both. But it is still debatable. Any opinions?

Yes you are right. There are many industries in threat. Mobile has become very popular with people. There are many features a moblie phone have and many new things are being added to its features.
    It will put threat to many products like calculators, wrist watch, alarm clocks,
    radio, mp3 player etc. May be in future we will see many new things addded to it.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

Competetion is always their we should walk with time .. now its an era of mobile .. even software industry make many system application for mobile...

No industry is in threat still mobile can't produce good picture like camera.

I know their are many high quality mobile which you can say give good pic but if we compare high quality camera pic with pic taken by mobile ... camera pic are to good..

watch has its own charm... difficult to remove watch....

Radio.... well you need radio station...

Televison ... for this we need Television station... In mobile we can't see like what we watch in theater of home TV.

Tape Record.. Well MP3 is better substitute.
      "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Mobile..... its an addiction now for people...... People take care of their mobiles phones more than themselves....... but u can hardly blame them too.... it has almost everything .....almost every function required for day today functions. Im addicted to my cellphone too.And yeah,,,, even if the sale of other items like watch and all are going down,,,still the mobile company is earning their money too...have u seen the prices???
        I aM a PaRt Of ThE cUrE, i Am A pArT oF tHe DiSeAsE.

Comment

Mobile Phone is for comminication.Thats why people buy mobile for. And many mobiles come with more utilities like camera,radio,mp3 player etc. But i think it wont kill any other industries. All this only adds on the utility of a mobile,they never diminishes the utility of the real junkies.Its that since we carry the cell fone with us,we get more satisfaction in feeling that we are carrying these utilities along with us.People will prefer to have a good alarm too in their house.n I dont think people will restrain from buying a watch for them just because they have a mobile phone.

Comment

Working...
          X