1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
    1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped garlic
    1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped ginger
    salt to taste
    1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
    2 tablespoon(s) cream
    lots of finely chopped fresh coriander to garnish

DIRECTION:
    * Add the chopped spinach puree, salt and mix well. Add water if required to get a gravy of desired consistency and bring to a boil. Add the deep fried cottage cheese cubes and stir to mix gently. Mix in the lemon juice. Simmer for about 4 minutes. Put off the heat and mix in the cream.
    Garnish with chopped fresh coriander.

TIPS:
    _________
    Deep fried cottage cheese cubes can be soaked in some warm water to which lemon juice and salt are added. This will keep them extra soft and prevent them from hardening.
    The cottage cheese cubes can be added without frying. However, avoid stirring often as they crumble.
    Do not overcook spinach for a bright green colored gravy.

Serve hot with: white rice or Indian bread (Roti, Chapati, Pooris).

WANT MORE!!!!!!
    Megrisoft team member
    Article Directory
    SEO India
    Link Building India

Arti, Delicious Recipe. You can also eat it with Bhaturas.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

Dal Makhni

Most of us hate eating Dal,but the one I am preparing will definately make you hungry:

Creamy Black Gram Dal
      (Kali Dal Makhni)

Serves: 4
      Cooking time (approx.): 55 minutes
      Style: North Indian Vegetarian (Punjabi)

INDGREDIENTS:

1 cup(s) whole black gram (sabat udad / kali dal) soaked overnight
      2 tablespoon(s) red kidney beans (rajma) soaked overnight along with the black gram
      6 cups water
      ½ teaspoon(s) each of turmeric powder, red chilli powder and asafoetida
      6 flakes garlic chopped
      2" piece ginger chopped
      2 medium onion(s) chopped
      2 green chilli(es) chopped
      2 whole red chilli(es)
      2 tomato(es) soaked in warm water
      1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
      2 tablespoon(s) cream beaten lightly
      2 tablespoon(s) yoghurt beaten lightly
      2 tablespoon(s) ghee (clarified butter) / butter
      salt to taste

DIRECTION:

Wash the soaked gram and kidney beans and discard the water in which they were soaked. Put them into a pressure cooker along with the water, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and half the quantity of the following items: chopped onion(s), garlic, ginger, and whole red chilli(es). Close the cooker and bring to maximum pressure on high heat. Now, reduce the heat. Cook on low heat for 25 minutes or till the gram is slightly mashed and well blended.
      Open the cooker only after all the steam has escaped. Add the yoghurt, cream and half the quantity of chopped green chilli(es). Cover and keep on low heat for 15 minute(s).
      For the tempering, heat the butter / ghee (clarified butter) in a pan till very hot. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter. Now, add the asafoetida, the remaining chopped onions, green and red chilli(es), garlic, ginger and fry till the onion(s) are slightly browned. Add the chopped tomato(es) and fry again till the fat separates from the sides of the pan. Add this to the cooked gram mixture and mix well. Cover and simmer on very low heat for 15 minutes.
      NOTE: Traditionally in Punjab, this recipe is cooked all through on a slow fire in a heavy bottomed vessel called a 'dekchi' for many hours till the desired consistency is reached. In this recipe, the 'dekchi' has been replaced by a pressure cooker to speed up the cooking process.

Serve hot with: Cumin Rice (Jeera Chawal), white rice, or Indian bread (Roti).
      Megrisoft Team Member
      Search India

Comment

Please man don't make me hungry anymore. I want to have those good foods. Why can't we do this. send food throught the web.

man all these things make me hungry. I want to cook them but don't know how to cook foods.

Comment

Ladkiyon Jaada Maat khanaa .. jaada khaoogi Moti hojaaogi....

Girls: WE don't Car..
          Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Its long time i had not taken Dal Makhani ... this Indian thread make me hungry & desperate to go back to India....
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Dal

Dal when cooked with green vegetales or potatoes are really tasty

Try my recipes at www.click2cook.com

Comment

Man i am eager to go back to India and eat some real Indian foods. They are the best in the world.

Comment

Working...
                X