Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My study on India

Dear all,

I am a Second year Human Rights/Social Anthropology student in Roehampton, England. Part of my course requires the carrying out of a limited research project. My project is about women in India and the aim of my project is to find out how changes in India law and Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in India make a difference to Indian women.

I am writing to ask if you could spare the time to write me your experiences of law or NGOs. Maybe Indian NGO has sometimes helped you? Or maybe Indian law has/hasn't protected you when you needed it? What ever experiences you might have, I'll be grateful for every single one of them!

I would assure that information you give me will be treated with complete confidentiality. I don't need to know your name, but I would appreciate it if you could write me your age, sex and where you are from. The final report will be for internal consumption only.

Yours sincerely,

Inkeri Tuomola (Finland)

you 'shit head' !!*#@, how many people actually have a internet connection in India,
    if you really wanna do something for the women of our country,
    get your ass right here and find out the reality in the dirt, among the women
    who actually faced it....."people like you suck"..... and if you cant,
    then dont even think about this project, dont make a fool out of yourself and
    of those helpless indian women.............

Comment

Women have enough women's right in India. We are Indians not Pakistanis or other Arab countries. We have equal women rights as the western countries do. They go to job, can have fun, can have extramarital affairs etc everything. Our country is ok. Only there are some difficulties in remote villages but rest of our country is ok. Don't think that way that our country doesn't even have any rights. We have more rights then any other Asian countries. Even more then Japan. Trust me. This has been researched before.

India is great.

Comment

One thing i want to say ....Indian women don't have right to have extramarital affairs.. and the women who had extramarital affair with any man in india ...than that man can be punished under IPC (Indian Penal code) for Adultration.. this law dont punish women but his husband can get divorce with such women easily ... and the man who is involved in adultration is punished by th law... We Indian belive in moral value..... yea in india for Muslim women law(Civil law related to her marriage) are different ...... We dont have common civil law just like in england..... but on contrary i also want to say our most of law is same as english law.

In village position of women in india is not nice.... Education is not given properly to women campare to boy child.

There are still some custom carried out in india ..like dowry should be given to groom by brides family.... this is the bigest problem in india related to women.... because of this parent those who are not rich dont prefer gal child ,,, lot of abortion is doen if gal is going to born... which is illegal. (Indian law dont give permission for abortion).

But this is also true.... that in india women is given same right like man. Few laws are created to protect women...
        Last edited by sunilkumar; 11-25-2005, 04:23 PM.
        "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Originally posted by Human Being
          you 'shit head' !!*#@, how many people actually have a internet connection in India,
          if you really wanna do something for the women of our country,
          get your ass right here and find out the reality in the dirt, among the women
          who actually faced it....."people like you suck"..... and if you cant,
          then dont even think about this project, dont make a fool out of yourself and
          of those helpless indian women.............
          Dear Human Being,
          next part of my study is to come to India in June 2006 and do volunteering work for a women's organization I have been touched with. Your message won't put me off doing this research as I have had so much great, supporting and inspiring feed back from women's organizations all around India. They have been glad that I am interesting to know more about their organizations. They have also asked me to create some connections for them where I am from. Obviously I am willing to help them after all the support they have given me.
          I am aware that not everyone has a internet connection in India and that has been taken into account in my research. If you think that I suck because I am interesting to know more and help if my help is wanted/needed that is fair enough. You are entitled your opinion as everyone else!
          I don't think I have made a fool of myself, astually I have learnt a great deal and hopefully in the future I will learn eve more!

Comment

Well Indian women has the same rights as men. In villages it is the families which doesn't give the education but not the government itself If I give you an internet article then you will know that how good the conditions of women are in India. Even the worst condition of women in our country is better then that of Pakistan. Dowry is illegal in India. Some dumb people do it. But in some country those things are law, not dowry but killing of women for having extramarital affair.

Well extramarital affairs is not good. But many people do have extramarital affairs. I am going to give you the articles.

Comment

Go to this site and see for yourself the condition of women in Pakistan. In India women are done nothing for having extramarital affairs or having extramarital sex. They are looked down by society but unless it is rape no one gets punished.

India people have human's right which other countries don't.

Only if you do bad things then the society looks down on you.

Comment

I had goen through the above link .. it is very shamefull for the people of pakistan ... i am very sorry for the womens of pakistan after reading that link... because i m an Indian and i cannot do any thing for them...my one step will make issue of pride for both the nation as terms are not nice between india and pakistan .. but now its time to think more than kashmir for both the country.... Pleaase think positive and consider women as human being ....
                "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

I have read the article on above link. I am shocked, Women in Pakistan are living in a very bad condition. How they are living their miserable life, only they and God knows? After Independence India has developed a lot, but the condition of Pakistan is becoming worse day by day. How such country can develop, who have no respect for their women?
                  Megrisoft Team Member
                  Search India

Comment

The main thing is this. Both countries got independence at the same time but Pakistan deteorated and India improved by leaps and bounds.

I read an article. In Pakistan, a girl had extramarital relationship. A boy loved her. So she said yes. But when got caught the boy abondoned her. THe girl now had to get the punishment. So she had to lick the spit of her boyfriend in front of the jirga.

Comment

How cruel these Pakistanis are? They donot have respect for their women.
                      Megrisoft Team Member
                      Search India

Comment

No they don't have respect for womens

If you want to know more then you will faint. These are only some news. They may probably don't let some more cruel facts get to the outside world.

Comment

Thank god ...i am indian
                          Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Sometimes I think that I am so lucky to be Indian and I even hate when people say wrong stuffs about India.

Something happened in my school today which made me so angry.

The pakistanis wrote on the toilet wall in our school that "Kashmir is for Pakistan".

also another thing annoyed me.

Comment

Its very unfortunate what is happening there in Pakistan.
                              Obviously I am willing to help them after all the support they have given me.Inkeri
                              Inkeri ,appreciate your effort in trying to learn and help Indian women.There should be more women like you to create awareness and also try to learn how best we can help each other..
                              Last edited by megrisoft; 12-07-2005, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X