PM condoles the passing away of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM condoles the passing away of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar

The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has expressed deep grief over the passing away of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar. The Prime Minister has spoken to her family and expressed his condolences. He also said that the coming generations will remember her as a stalwart of Indian culture, whose melodious voice had an unparalleled ability to mesmerise people.

In a series of tweets, the Prime Minister said;

"I am anguished beyond words. The kind and caring Lata Didi has left us. She leaves a void in our nation that cannot be filled. The coming generations will remember her as a stalwart of Indian culture, whose melodious voice had an unparalleled ability to mesmerise people."

"Lata Didi’s songs brought out a variety of emotions. She closely witnessed the transitions of the Indian film world for decades. Beyond films, she was always passionate about India’s growth. She always wanted to see a strong and developed India."

"I consider it my honour that I have always received immense affection from Lata Didi. My interactions with her will remain unforgettable. I grieve with my fellow Indians on the passing away of Lata Didi. Spoke to her family and expressed condolences. Om Shanti."
    Web design company

Lata Mangeshkar's death: PM Modi's virtual rally, all BJP programs cancelled in Goa

PM Modi was scheduled to address the voters of North Goa during 'Jan Sankalp Sabha' at 5:30 pm on Sunday.

Lata Mangeshkar, known as the 'Nightingale of India,' had sung in Hindi, Marathi, Bengali and other regional languages. She was honoured with the Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Dadasaheb Phalke Award as well as several National and Filmfare Awards. Lata Mangeshkar's last complete album was for 2004 Bollywood release Veer-Zaara.

Lata Mangeshkar began singing to support her family after the death of her father Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar 1942. He was a classical singer and theatre actor. In Bollywood, Lata Mangeshkar got her first major break with the song Dil Mera Toda from the 1948 film Majboor. However, her song Aayega Aanewaala from the movie Mahal (1949) became her first major hit.

Read Also : Lata Mangeshkar’s Funeral PM Modi’s Virtual Rally, All BJP Programs Cancelled In Goa

Last edited by AditiArora; 02-07-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X