Fire at Covid ICU ward in Nagpur hospital leaves three dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire at Covid ICU ward in Nagpur hospital leaves three dead

At least three people have died in a fire that broke out at a hospital in Maharashtra's Nagpur on Friday evening. The fire reportedly broke out in the Covid ICU ward of the hospital.

As per available information, two men and a woman have died in the fire.

The incident took place at 8.10 pm at the hospital located in Wadi area of Nagpur, officials said.

"The fire reportedly started from an AC unit of the ICU located on the second floor of the hospital. The blaze remained confined to that floor and did not spread further," Nagpur Municipal Corporation's (NMC) chief fire officer Rajendra Uchke was quoted as saying by news agency PTI.

Several fire tenders were rushed to the hospital, Uchke said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to Twitter and condoled the casualties in the fire incident in Nagpur.

"Saddened by the hospital fire in Nagpur. My thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives. Praying that the injured recover at the earliest," PM Modi said in the tweet.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah also expressed grief over the loss of lives.

"I am deeply saddened by the news of the hospital fire in Nagpur. In this hour of grief, I express my deepest condolences to the relatives of the deceased and pray that the injured recover at the earliest," Shah said in the tweet.

Read More
Working...
X