US attitude with Indians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US attitude with Indians

Indians are experts in many fields. most of the US outsourcing businesses are run by Indians. in software sector, American companies concerned with Indians as indians do their work very efficiently and in low cost.even in NASA, so many indian scientist works for america.then, why americans have partial behaviour with Indians?why they can't treat Indians like themselfs?
    give your views.

You are write to say that Indians are experts in many fields. No country wants the people of other country to reach high than them.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

Well first of all a lot of Americans are going to treat you differently then other ethic groups. America has a history of racial division. African Americans died for the rights of a lot of immigrants to take advantage of a system that a lot of foreigners are repeating the benefits. East Indians haven’t paid their dues yet in America, The ones that come to America have education just like a lot of immigrant but what have your race contribute to America. Americans usually don’t like what they don’t understand. The Indian culture is a very clannish and classes culture that work find in India but not in America. I think the mind set of Americans will change with the next generation of Americans and American east Indians.

Always one world and one love.

Comment

Ashwani,

I am curious where you meet Americans? Under what circumstances??? I would imagine if you meet Americans in India most would be business men or tourists. Business people should be respectful and tourist, well, living in an American tourist town, only thinking of themselves and their experience. I think it's the same with a lot of tourists. They probably don't mean to seem rude or crazy but you have to imagine you're in a new land, with new people, you're worrying about so many things, especially if you have a family, that you don't always have time to be properly respectful.
        If you meet Americans in America you're sure to be treated many different ways. I like to think always good but I know that people are very judgemental which is sad because it just reinforces the stereo type of ignorant Americans.

I am an American in Oregon in a very white city (duh!) and will be working closely with two Sikh gentlemen who come to visit for business. There are a lot of looks from people in the city. Especially when they see two men in Turbans. The ignorant see a Turban of any kind and have no idea what it means and assume they are all Muslim fanatics.

Another issue still fresh in some American's minds is the election of 2004 for president. NON STOP it seemed democrats and liberal politicians were demonizing Indian outsourcing. Campaign ad after compaign ad had stories of Americans loosing jobs and even being forced to train their low paid Indian replacements. We have powerful Labor Unions that demonize India non-stop. It is fear mongering for political power. I'm sure some Americans have lost jobs to India but as always Americans find more ways to work and grow. I should know. I'm one of those Americans facilitating American companies to move some work to Indian engineers.

Comment

regarding

I would think the average American would respond to a foreigner the same way that an average Indian would respond to a foreigner. Generally people are apprehensive of things they don't know about.

My main point is why bother about how Americans think about Indians? Is it important? What's so important about? Nothing at all. Just go on with your work and stop bothering about how "Indians" are perceived.

Comment

Although the Americans And Britons are quite OK with any Indian, but the root of their mental still consider every Indian as a servant rather than true friend. Talented Indian can always get job from white owned corporations, but never on earth will put you to the top position. If Yes, then you are most probably a puppet to them. My suggest is " learning from them by working with them and in the end, give your best to develop India by making use of the skill that you had mastered.

Comment

It is obvious that American treats Indians like that. But i would say Indians working for USA deserves to be treated like that. Why would they work for US and not for India.

And as for India we don't want America's attention. We can take care of ourselfes and can anytime overtake USA in military powers but international law prevents us to do that.

Comment

in that case soumo u should pack ur bags right now and go back to india to study to show us that u are against migration of indians to the west.

the only thing that makes everyone to recognize USA to still be a powerful country is because of their rules they impose on everyone making others seem to be weaker.
                miqsh
                EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Originally posted by observer
                  I would think the average American would respond to a foreigner the same way that an average Indian would respond to a foreigner. Generally people are apprehensive of things they don't know about.

My main point is why bother about how Americans think about Indians? Is it important? What's so important about? Nothing at all. Just go on with your work and stop bothering about how "Indians" are perceived.
                  i have to give it to Observer that it is highly regardless of an indian to ponder over this matter as they are good enough to give us jobs and opportunities although there are nowadays us citizens in the same field too. can u expect chinese to employ or allow indians in their country?
                  miqsh
                  EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

I have read the posts in this thread and I would like to give an American's viewpoint.

I have traveled to India and I was given the same looks and stares that an Indian person would get if they traveled to a small US city. People stare because they are curious and because you are unusual. There is nothing wrong with this.

Some people in the world think that life is easy in America. Things are expensive here and people work hard for their money. Life in America revolves around money and most corporations make decisions solely based on money. Imagine working at a place for 10 years then you lose your job to someone that will work for 50% of your salary. There will be some ill feelings, especially if that person is not an American.

Another problem is that currently there are 250,000 unemployed IT workers in the US yet there are 750,000 work VISAs approved. This is a perfect example of corporations driving US politics.

As for the comment about US thinking that Indians are servants I think this is VERY UNTRUE. From my experience Indians and Asian people in general are known for being very smart and hard working.

Comment

I have just one thing to say:

People in US are the most friendly and civilized from all the countries i have visited so far. I don't care what they feel in their hearts about outsourcing or other such issues. What is important is they have the decency to respect people face to face. India and US are culturally poles apart. Still, once you come to the US, you feel at ease knowing that 80 out of 100 people you will meet will smile and give you a nod even though they don't know you.

Look at the arrogance of chinese on the forums. China is not even 10% of what US is and it will take another 50 years may be 100 for it to come at par with US but their attitude sucks.

US is one country which has enemies because of the screwed up foreign policies of its leaders. once u meet the common men and women u know that these people are really cool.
                      I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Americans are nice on the outside, but you have to be careful. Americans, white Americans especially, harbor great ill will towards those they see as different. However, they don't come out in the open and say it anymore since African Americans fought for everyone's civil rights. That's why everything is kept underground and they smile at you while stabbing you in the back when you're not looking. I'm not talking about everyone, but racism really exists here as well, it's just hidden and it exists in many more places than you would think. I remember 10 years ago when two white kids dragged a black man behind their truck until he died. The media hardly talked about it. Even when people tried to bring in hate laws to prevent this atrocity most people were trying to skirt around the issue and make illegitimate claims such as, "A crime should not be punished for what someone thinks only what he does" and some other nonsense. The law only recently got passed.

Comment

I agree with nikster. They are nice on the face but in there its a lot of ill feeling.

Leave apart the common man. Lets take the case of some celebrities of USA. Angelina jolie and brad pitt were recently in india for a shoot of their movie. The way they and their body guards behaved was really shameful. Their body guards even have the guts to use terms like 'bloody indians'.

In the end when they left after all the controverises angelina jolie said that we have nothing against india. Does that one statement absolve the behaviour of the bitch???

WE Indias dont believe in lip service . A rare smile from the heart is much better then a dozen cosmetic smiles.

Comment

this thread is for people with common sense and maturity.

You and ur school going freinds have already destroyed one section of this site. Keep ur stupid posts to that section only.

Dont mess with this place too. If i were a moderator i would have screwed u up by now. But since i am not i request u to keep away from other sections.

Comment

Indians did not visit chinese forum and start posting that chinese have small eyes, eat insects etc etc

Chinese came to this Indian forum and posted Indians are black and ugly, Indians are backward, Indians are slaves etc etc

And you have the gall to blame indians for starting this? Behave properly and get good reception from Indians. After all Indians have a famous verse in Sanskrit language "Athiti Devo bhav" which means "A guest is like a god". As regards blocking Chinese investments in India first China should open up its government because no one trusts a secretive country.

Comment

Working...
                              X