Disaster Struck India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster Struck India

The deadly tsunami disaster that slammed into coasts from India to Indonesia has topped death toll to 22,000 as rescuers scour the sea for missing tourists and fears of disease grows as soldiers race to recover rotting bodies.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

The U.S. Geological Survey said that the earthquake that has shaken southern Asia was one of the most powerful since the start of the 20th century.It is the fifth largest earthquake since 1900 and the largest earthquake in the world since 1964.
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Likening the massive loss of lives in the tsunami disaster to Orissa's "Super Cyclone", the Government on Monday announced an immediate allocation of Rs 500 crore for the National Calamity Contingency Fund towards relief and rehabilitation in the affected states.

Comment

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 1 lakh to the next of the kin of each of those killed by Tsumani tidal waves on Sunday in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Pondicherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

Comment

The intensity of the massive tsunami and the catastrophic death toll might have been reduced in India and Sri Lanka had India and Sri Lanka been part of an international warning system designed to warn coastal communities about potentially deadly waves.
          The system alerts the nations about the potentially destructive waves hitting their coastlines well in three to 14 hours in advance.However, India and Sri Lanka are not members of the warning centre.

Comment

The Centre on Monday said it would install warning sensors deep in the Indian Ocean and join the network of 26 countries that monitors Tsunami waves.If India had been a part of this then surly many lifes could have been saved as there would have been a fore warning of tidal disaster.

Comment

With thousands of bodies rotting and infrastructure in tatters, authorities and medical relief workers fear an epidemic and severe shortage of food supplies along south Indian coastline and in Andaman and Nicobar islands.

Comment

Resources to Relief Fund

All types of breaking and latest news in India, samachar, media discussions.Post the latest news stories related with various fields like technology, finance, politics, fashion ....
                Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
                www.indiabook.com
                Business
                Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

The Indian armed forces have launched its biggest peacetime relief operations in the remote Andaman and Nicobar Islands through Myanmar.For the first time in 15 years, Indian helicopters flew to Yangon, capital of Myanmar, to make the shortest possible flight to Port Blair in the tsunami-devastated Indian archipelago.

Comment

Working...
                  X