Interracial Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interracial Marriage

Hi. I'm just curious as to how couples in an interracial relationship/marriage deal with any problems that arise because of it or how they may not face any at all =)
    Please write your own opinions on the topic and any stories you'd like to share

Well, my brother married a white lady. They're both Christian, so that tie has truly binded them; they've been married for several years.

Comment

Like every other marriage

I am Indian and my husband is English. We have been together for 3 years and married for over a year, and our problems have rarely been because of differences in the culture. All marriages have problems, even the best of them, and anyone who says any different is lying. Sure, there are more things to consider in interracial marriages i.e. culture, religion etc, but if you really want to be together, and if you take a realistic approach, then it's not a problem at all.

I am Hindu, and my husband is not religious at all, so I follow my religion and he doesn't follow any, which is fine with both of us. If we have kids, I am going to teach them all about Hinduism, and he has no problem with that. But that's because we discussed all of these important things before we got married.

I am a vegetarian and he eats meat... again not a problem. I cook veg. for me, and veg. side dishes for him, but when it comes to meat, and as I don't really like to touch it, I just get stuff that goes straight in the oven or microwave.

When I want to watch Hindi movies I put them on when he is not at home, or doing something in a different room.

Despite our different backgrounds, we fell in love, and when it comes to important things in life, we understand that each of us is an individual and we respect that. Every marriage needs a little compromise and little adjustments, and once you learn how to handle them, it doesn't matter what race your partner comes from.

Comment

Shayri, Im honored to meet you here. Good to know about your marriage.
        Good luck and all the best!

Comment

shyari you did compromise and adjustment but in interracial more adjsutment is required .... but y you see hindi film when your hubby is in different room? .... even he has to do some compromise.... Y always you ? .... I think you married him because you did'nt got any better option, take it lightly shyari it is my assumption from your earlier post.... not mean to hurt you...

Comment

Shayri you are right. Every marriage need a compromise and adjustment. Everyone has to compromise somewhere in his/her marriage life. I have seen in many married couples life, bcoz of ego nature of men, problems come in their life, they end up with divorce.
            Not only men, in some cases women also don't want to adjust in in-laws house.
            Megrisoft Team Member
            Search India

Comment

Shayri i have a question for u

Why do u have to make compromise in ur life just for a person who cannot accept u completely for who u r
              Sure when u got married he knew that u r hindu n vegetarian n all other things.If u were in love with each other n accept each other in matrimony that means u accept completely then why eating vegetarian side dishes or watching hindi movies alone. shouldn't he be there with u always?

Comment

WEll i have no clue about marriages. all i know that to avoid any commotion i will marry an Indian

Comment

Working...
                X