Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Indian thumb up to his Chinese counterpart.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That book isn't banned in India but Neville Maxwell doesn't have any credibility in India. He was very derisive towards Indians and had once called Indians names in one of his book. Many knowledgable people in India (analysts, historians, experts etc.) whose articles I've read don't trust him or his book which you mention. Thus Indians will only be satisfied when the original report is released. Unfortunately despite the attempts of many reporters in India, the govt. of India is sitting tightly on the report till today. But I am very optimistic that this can't be forever. Sooner rather than later the report will be made public. It would be a great way to make peace with China too because only when we look back on our past and clear our misunderstandings can we form a lasting and strong relationship for the present and the future.

Comment

Originally posted by observer
      That book isn't banned in India but Neville Maxwell doesn't have any credibility in India. He was very derisive towards Indians and had once called Indians names in one of his book. Many knowledgable people in India (analysts, historians, experts etc.) whose articles I've read don't trust him or his book which you mention. Thus Indians will only be satisfied when the original report is released. Unfortunately despite the attempts of many reporters in India, the govt. of India is sitting tightly on the report till today. But I am very optimistic that this can't be forever. Sooner rather than later the report will be made public. It would be a great way to make peace with China too because only when we look back on our past and clear our misunderstandings can we form a lasting and strong relationship for the present and the future.
      It is the misunderstandings that create animosity among nations. I understand that Maxwell has been discredited in India.
      I share your hope that the India's report on 1962 comes to light as soon as possible. That will help remove misunderstandings and prepare the public of both countries for the outcome of a border negotiation. The people doing the negotiations should also be prepared for some bashing at home in their respective countries.

Here is a link to another book on 1962 by an American military man Calvin.

The China-India Border War
      Author: CALVIN, James Barnard, Lieutenant Commander,
      U. S. Navy

Comment

Originally posted by Agra
        It is the misunderstandings that create animosity among nations. I understand that Maxwell has been discredited in India.
        I share your hope that the India's report on 1962 comes to light as soon as possible. That will help remove misunderstandings and prepare the public of both countries for the outcome of a border negotiation. The people doing the negotiations should also be prepared for some bashing at home in their respective countries.

Here is a link to another book on 1962 by an American military man Calvin.

The China-India Border War
        Author: CALVIN, James Barnard, Lieutenant Commander,
        U. S. Navy

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...t/1984/CJB.htm
        why wake indian up from their sweet dream?

Indian need an excuse for their debacle, chinese "back stab" is one of the excuses. that's all. let them enjoy the imaginary pleasure. hehe...

the real reason the 1962 debacle is deeply rooted in indian characteristics:
        they tend to imaginarily overestimate themselves. that was the reason that they cried "Jawan swing to attack" on newspaper in 1962, they thought they were strong enough to ignore the warnings from chinese PLA. sad.

I am in china now for a 5 weeks holiday. busy on the new year, on meeting old friends. i wish my indian friends would be as lovely as ever in the new pig years.

Comment

Current generation Indians don't remember the 1962 war. They know it well and have confidence that today China can't afford to have a full fledged war with India, it will be rolled a 100 years back atleast (even in 1962 it couldn't afford a full fledged war, the "war" was only a border skirmish) It's only Chinese I see who live in the past and talk of it. Indian grandfathers maybe remember the war. So current Chinese generation is like Indian grandfathers, living in the past haha. Grow up people like snower.

Comment

Originally posted by observer
            Current generation Indians don't remember the 1962 war. They know it well and have confidence that today China can't afford to have a full fledged war with India, it will be rolled a 100 years back atleast (even in 1962 it couldn't afford a full fledged war, the "war" was only a border skirmish) It's only Chinese I see who live in the past and talk of it. Indian grandfathers maybe remember the war. So current Chinese generation is like Indian grandfathers, living in the past haha. Grow up people like snower.
            I find 1962 episode quite interesting as it still impacts on the relations of two peoples. The myth of China back-stabbing India has been hurting China's image internationally, to the benefit of India responsible for the war.

One of the great Indian writers, Choudhuri, remarked that the (1962) war with China was caused by Hindu jingoism and possesiveness.

M. Gandhi once commented that Indian people were the most bellecose in the world, despite the popular belief to the contrary. Incredible, isn't it?

Comment

Rest assured there was no Hindu jingoism during the 1962 war. When does Hindu nationalism/jingoism rise in India- it only rises against Pakistan or Muslims and recently against Christians. I've never heard or seen it being talked of with respect to China.

Whether India people are bellicose or not sounds like a subjective matter. But another thing to look at is throughout the second half of the 20th century China was initiating wars with almost all of its neighbours- against S. Korea, against Vietnam, it had fights with Russia too (I don't know who initiated it). Also Mao was the leader during all those times and he had said "power flows from the barrel of the gun". Nehru on the other hand was a peacenik, an idealist person. He even compromised India by gifting half of one of its state to Pakistan in the name of peace! So I have difficulty in believing Nehru was aggressive during the 62 war and the Chinese leadership was non-aggressive.

But these are just our opinions. The real truth will come out sooner or later. And whoever was guilty of aggression- China or India- will have to accept its history and move ahead, hopefully towards establishing good relations with the other.

Comment

There is an aparent discrepancy between Chinese and Indian perception of that episode. China feels that it was slighted by Nehru and wronged by the world media.

Anyway, as you rightly said, whoever was guity of aggression will have to accept its history and move ahead.

Comment

We are closing these chinese threads since these are been used for abusing India
                  Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
                  www.indiabook.com
                  Business
                  Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X