Shaadi.com: Unrealistic Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaadi.com: Unrealistic Numbers

Ok so most of you will think I have too much time in my hand, Well, its true.

I've been a member of Shaadi.com for about a year now, and have noticed-like most of you probably have- that it has '500,000+' success stories. This is very doubtful. 500,000 is way too many.

I did a reality check. Searched for all current 'grooms' on the site. Here is what I found.

[10 members displayed per page]
    Age 20-30: 500 (50 pages)
    Age 30-40: 500 (50 pages)
    Age 40-50: 500 (50 pages)
    Age 50-60: 430 (43 pages)
    Age 60-70: 50 (5 pages)

Total # of current grooms: 1980

Although some grooms may have been a member for more than a year, lets assume that 1980 is the average number of new grooms joining the site every year since it's inception 1999. That would put the total to 1980*6 = 11880 (Assuming an equal or perhaps slightly higher number of brides, but obviously need not consider them, as we're counting the success stories. Also, no gay marriages to account for). Even if all of these grooms had a success story to tell, the number would still be 11880, and not 500,000+, right? How on earth do they make such a claim?

Also read some of the success stories. Didn't sound like they were 'written' by the real-life sucessful couples. The stories are way too specific in describing the search functionalities, 'extra-ordinary' customer service and appeal the visitors to create a profile, rather than a high-level gratitude towards the site for making their story a success.

The site is probably #1 indian (and some others as well) matrimonial platform and obviously captures a large chunk of potential 'brides' and 'grooms' from all over the world. I appreciate the great job they're doing, but I am almost tempted to file a lawsuit against them for making false claims! I mean, do they not have an idea how big half a million is?

but you're using 1980 as the number for the whole year while 1980 was just the number u found on one browsing at one time (you know what i mean?) like what if in a couple of days, there will be new/more grooms?

Comment

Working...
    X