Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont late in Office

Narayana Murthy's views on staying late in the office

It's half past 8 in the office but the lights are still on... PCs still running, coffee machines still buzzing... and who's at work? Most of them??? Take a closer look... All or most specimens are 20-something male species of the human race... Look closer... again all or most of them are bachelors... and why are they sitting late? Working hard? No way!!! Any guesses??? Let's ask one of them... Here's what he says... "What's there 2 do after going home... here we get to surf, AC, phone, food, coffee.. thats is why I am working late... importantly no bossssssss!!!!!!!!!!! This is the scene in most research centres and software companies and other off-shore offices. Bachelors "time-passing" during late hours in the offic e just bcoz they say they've nothing else to do... Now what r the consequences... read on... "Working"(for the record only) late hours soon becomes part of the institute or company culture. With bosses more than eager to provide support to those "working" late in the form of taxi vouchers, food vouchers and of course good feedback,(oh, he's a hard worker... goes home only to change..!!).They aren't helping things too... To hell with bosses who don't understand the difference between "sitting" late and "working" late!!! Very soon, the boss start expecting all employees to put in extra working hours. So, My dear Bachelors let me tell you, life changes when u get married and start having a family... office is no longer a priority, family is... and that's when the problem starts... becoz u start having commitments at home too. For your boss, the earlier "hardworking" guy suddenly seems to become a "early leaver" even if u leave an hour after regulartime ... after doing the same amount of work. People leaving on time after doing their tasks for the day are labeled as work-shirkers... Girls who thankfully always (its changing nowadays... though) leave on time are labeled as "not up to it". All the while, the bachelors pat their own backs and carry on "working" not realizing that they r spoiling the work culture at their own place and never realize that they wuld have to regret at one point of time. *So what's the moral of the story?? * * Very clear, LEAVE ON TIME!!! * Never put in extra time " *unless really needed *" * Don't stay back un-necessarily and spoil your company work culture which will in turn cause inconvenience to you and your colleagues. There are hundred other things to do in the evening.. Learn music... Learn a foreign language... try a sport... TT, cricket......... importantly Get a girl friend or gal friend, take him/her around town... * And fo r heaven's sake net cafe rates have dropped to an all-time low (plus, no fire-walls) and try cooking for a change. Take a tip from the Smirnoff ad: *"Life's calling, where are you??"* Please pass on this message to all those colleagues And please do it before leaving time, don't stay back till midnight to forward this!!!

Thanks and Regards
    ved
    Software Engineer
    Mumbai

My views are some what different from Narayana Murthy's ……..

I work in HCL; I use to work late in night till 2:30 to 3:00am

First of all… this is true I am single. But I don’t stay in office for AC or coffee.

My clients are USA based and UK based so I have to work when there is day.

I work as consultant, right now I am at offshore, so offshore work load is to much, there are always communication gap or delay in communication with client when we are at offshore, & to impress client from offshore is difficult. Infosys, HCL, TCS, Wipro, Satyam etc. (service based company earns lot if there consultant work from offshore), other than this I am Database Administrator who give support to 24X7 database, such company give Laptop to their Project manager but not their consultant who works for 24x7.

Even if we don’t stay in office Electricity bill will not be less. All PC required AC.

It’s always difficult to have a galfriend when you are working guy, coz work load is to high and in IT sector most of the consultant are addicted to PC. What ever they need they get on net. Even they get virtual sex….. Many consultants are not attracted or excited by seeing opposite sex. Now some good company had started recruiting software physiatrist who help and motivate the consultant.

Unmarried young guys & girls are really hard worker compare to other married guy/girls, they enjoy their work, they are hungry for knowledge.

Service based company are not dependent on their project manager, they are dependent on their highly skilled talented consultant those who are committed to do any thing to full fill customer requirement.

Some time boss are so stupid they don’t trust their consultant, they don’t give them free environment and space to do work with their own.

Indian bosses are not interested in the out come they are just interested in what their consultant are doing, such as are they on their desk etc… Most of MBA college teaches meaning of attitude? Fact is…. only out comes of work matter, attitude is judge by other people, which are their assumption/perception.

One more thing I want to add most of the employee are corrupt in service based company, because of company policy.

Most of the consultants are not teenager, they are self dependent they stay away from their home, and people in their office are their friend.

Big problem with Indian bosses are they carry their designation after work..ha ha ha ... So their ego hurts most of time.

Most of the consultants do research regarding their work in night.

Smart boss only see the outcome and motivate their team member. And if some one is not performing they don’t have to shout at him they have to tell them your performance is not good and in which area. Just tell them try to improve it & if they shout they lose their respect. Some Consultants are smart enough to teach their boss but because of boss ego they don’t even say when things are going wrong.

It’s a necessity for service based company, that their consultant must work in night.

Narayan Murthy must be knowing… how much work load a consultant face specially when it comes to support work for 24X7 database, which is most important thing for any organisation. & when there is no backup for such consultant at that time consultant has to work day and night.

Subha hoti hai Sham hoti hai Zindagi Yuhi tamam hoti hai………

In India Space is not their to play outdoor game. Once you become consultant you are good for nothing other than your work .. . Still Government Job’s are best.

My Father was govt. employee, he was very honest in his work, never did corruption & what he was able to provide me & my sisters I don’t think I will able to provide to my one kid. It’s all because of IOCL HR Policy. I don’t know about other government job IOCL is rated in fortune 500 companies. My father was employee of IOCL, where ever I Rome in ahmedabad, their was one tag with me he is son of IOCvala... I don’t think my child will have that tag

What there to do at home.... ?

I am all alone.... & i dont want to beg in front of any girl to be my girlfriend...

Idiot Boss never like their consultant more smarter than them.

I stay in India supply is more than demand....

Its me Consultant
    Sunilkumar (HCL TECH)
    Last edited by sunilkumar; 08-25-2006, 08:43 AM.
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Corporate Rules......!!

Rule-1
      The Boss is always right.

Rule-2
      If the Boss is wrong, see rule 1.

Rule-3
      Those who work get more work.
      Others get pay, perks, and promotions.

Rule-4
      Ph.D. stands for "Pull Him Down".
      The more intelligent a person,
      The more hardworking a person,
      The more committed a person;
      The more number of persons are engaged in pulling that person down.

Rule-5
      If you are good, you will get all the work.
      If you are really good, you will get out of it.

Rule-6
      When the Bosses talk about improving productivity,
      They are never talking about themselves.

Rule-7
      It doesn't matter what you do,
      It only matters what you say you've done and what you are going to do.

Rule-8
      A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the butt.

Rule-9
      Don't be irreplaceable.
      If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Rule-10
      The more crap you put up with,
      The more crap you are going to get.

Rule-11
      If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit.
      No use being a damn fool about it.

Rule-12
      When you don't know what to do,
      Walk fast and look worried.

Rule-13
      Following the rules will not get the job done.

Rule-14
      If it weren't for the last minute, Nothing would get done.

Rule-15
      Everything can be filed under "Miscellaneous".

Rule-16
      No matter how much you do,
      You never do enough.

Rule-17
      You can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work
      you are supposed to be doing.

Rule-18
      In order to get a promotion,
      You need not necessarily know your job.

Rule-19
      In order to get a promotion,
      You only need to pretend that you know your job.

Rule-20
      The last person that quit or was fired will be
      held responsible for everything that goes wrong.

Enjoy...!
      Its me Friendly
      Sunilkumar
      "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Very Nice sunilkumar........!
        Self Trust Is The First Secret Of Success
        Speed of the Boss is the speed of the team
        Be a part of the solution, Not a part of the problem
        and Life Tells you Nothing, It Shows you Everything

Web Hosts Directory
        SEO Directory
        Computer Games

Comment

My Pleasure buddy...(Viru)

By the way Recently I had Join DELL International in Hyderabad. But no regreet with HCL it is good company, I Made some good friend there.

Here in DELL I am going to get Laptop to work as DBA..... Company will provide me Laptop, now i think to give 24X7 support to Production Database will be some what easier and comfortable. They are also giving me net connection to my home from there also i can work.

After 6 month i will give you report about American MNC in Indian....

Cheers...!

Comment

helpfull information~~

Comment

Working...
            X