Soup of Carrot-Onion-Tomato
1. 1/2 cup chopped carrots
2. 1 onion chopped
3. 1tsp turmeric
4. 1 tsp chilli powder
5. 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
6. 1 tsp lime juice
7. Coriander leaves for garnishing
8. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in turmeric, and chilli powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute longer.
3. Add chopped carrots and tomatoes and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil.
4. Close lid and give 2 whistles. Take off the stove. Allow to cool.
5. Puree carrots onions and tomatoes. Run the mixture through a strainer to discard tomato seeds.
6. Put in a saucepan and heat over medium flame, stirring, until it boils.Add more water if too thick.
7. Stir in lime juice.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with coriander leaves.
Soup of Carrot Onion T
I made this today. It is traditionally a cold weather meal, but...itll make ya wanna crank up the AC in the summer just to have it
5-6 cups of water
5-6 potatoes chopped into bite size pieces
3-4 stalks of celery, chopped
small onion, chopped
small bag baby carrots, sliced
1 tsp dill weed
1 smoked sausage rope, chopped into bite size pieces
1 to 1-1/2 c. milk
1 c. instant potato flakes
1 small can of sliced mushrooms or one small pkg fresh mushrooms, sliced
1-1/2 c. Velveeta cheese, cut in about 1/2 inch pieces.
Combine first 7 ingredients, simmer til veggies are almost done.
Add milk and mushrooms.
Add, a little at a time, potato flakes til desired thickness, stir well between each addition. This soup continues to thicken when done.
Add cheese chunks, stir til dissolved. Enjoy
Serve with croutons, dry Chinese noodles or crackers. Or...garlic or cheese bread/sticks.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|