India Forums

Go Back   India Forums > India Forum Information > India Forum Rules & Announcements > Suggestions & Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 12:34 PM

Default This Forum is Working Slow

Or very inactive. I suggest advertizing it more throughout the internet so there are more people here. I think we should also make a cool unique Indian symbol at the top for the title, instead of that vbulletin-like logo.

Last edited by megri : 04-05-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Administrator

It is ranking on the top on all keywords.Rest it depends on the people who are the members here.We are ranking on top on all related keywords.
Please Do Not Spam Our Forum
Old 05-09-2005, 12:12 AM

Well I am sure you can more people than this though if you advertize, because there are many Indiaholics over the web. This one Japan forum I go to is bursting with posters, and I'm sure there are more people interested in India than tiny little Japan (well maybe).
Old 05-12-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Best Efforts are been made

We all our doing our best efforts since this is not at all for any business purpose.We have to spend alot of time on its maintenance as the spammers are a nuisance and now even hackers.So in order to make the forum more famous you all members should also do something since this is a forum for all the Indians and not something for selected people only.We are trying our best and we will keep on doing it but help is always appreciated.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:34 AM

I am going to ask the admin of the Japan Forum I go to and see how he got lots of members, I hope that will help cause this forum needs more poster .
Old 05-15-2005, 07:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to Vikram

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameeta
.We are trying our best and we will keep on doing it but help is always appreciated.

1. Change the look and feel of the forums... what u have here is right out of the box vbulletin software. Add a attractive and appealing skin to the fourms. People will like to spend more time here if they like what they see.

2. you have 34 different forum Topics!!
Thats way too much especially when the memberbase is small.. many forums can be consolidated to make it look tight and more busy.
E.g - Indian Universities + Indian School & Colleges Forum = Education in India or something like that.
You can have more forums once the members start posting more and often.

3. Currently your website offers only forums...its will be a + + + for members if you offer some other information like news, articles, searches or listing to members besides the forums. This will add value to the website and give reason for everyone to come back here often.

4. Customise the forums software to make the forum look trendier - add more smilies, perhaps more avatars, customise code to make the display of information more cool. The people who visit the forum come here for an experience - not just to read and write messages. Add a chat box to the forums maybe...!

You have a nice setup here.....but its not only about content - its about how the content is displayed to look appealing. There are many many forums on the internet - many choices and u have to appeal to the visitors so that they drop by over and over again.

hope these suggestions will help.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:17 AM

Well Vikram good to have your suggestions:-

We donot change the look that is we have not customised it much because of frequent security updates which need to be done on the forum to avoid hacking which is major issue these days.We have to keep a check at security all the time now a days because alot of attempts have been made to hack it already and on each update it becomes difficult to update a forum which is completly changed in design as you are saying.

Well as for topics some where increased on members demand and we are not increasing any more allthough I have some pending requests with me.

You did not look at the site completly because it has already many sections.
http://blog.indiabook.com
http://www.indiabook.com/articles
http://www.indiabook.com/dating/

then there is the directory also there.

Rest changes which you have said we will try to incorporate.Thanks for all your support.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:13 PM

I think you should post a link in the main forum page to those links, otherwise no one will find them .
Old 09-26-2005, 07:32 AM

Seriously this forum needs members! It is super inactive!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:21 AM
India1989

No we don't need members. I mean that not that many. We need active members. We need both quality and quantity. But quality is preffered first. IF we have 10000 users and only 5 of them are active then it won't help.

Check out the sports-india.com site. It is bursting with INdian posters. Maybe it will beat the Japanese posters. way too much posting going on over there.
Closed Thread