X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stories about GREG CHAPPELL

SPORTS
    No time-frame to make India a champion side: Chappell

Bangalore, July. 15 (PTI): One month into his new assignment as coach of cricket Team India, Greg Chappell says he is already seeing changes in players' thinking and approach but made it clear that no time-frame can be set to make the outfit a champion side.

"I am very happy with the progress that we are making; whether that means we are a world beating side... not now. I can't tell you," he said. "But I think from my own point of view it's going to take time to get to where I want the team to be; whether it's three months, six months or 12 months, I can't tell you."

"Already, I can see the players thinking differently, approaching things a bit differently which is what I wanted to see," the 56-year-old former Australian captain added.

Describing the players as an intelligent bunch, he said they have responded enthusiastically to the new set of ideas -- both on and off-field ones -- and taken them on board very well.

"I think that we are going to see changes; no doubt that we will see some changes," the batting great said. "But just what (the changes) that would be and how quickly they can be integrated into them applying... only time will tell," he added.
    WE ARE LOOKING FOR UR YOUR VIEWS.............
    CCI
Working...
X