Marriage : Arranged Or Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage : Arranged Or Love

I am single but in life we come across many incidents and it makes difficult to decide whether arranged marriages are successful or love marriages.

Do you also have same ?

Do anybody have answers to this ?
    Megrisoft team member
    Article Directory
    SEO India
    Link Building India

Marrige is never successful or unsuccessful two people marry with each other, to fullfill their few requirement and they do adjustment with each other. If two people are able to adjust with each other then we say their marriage is succcessful

Comment

A love that arranges the marriage will have higher chances of success

Comment

Well said Venky
        Megrisoft team member
        Article Directory
        SEO India
        Link Building India

Comment

Marrigae comes with lot of responsibility so better to live single we can get everything without marriage ........
          Last edited by megrisoft; 01-03-2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

You said that Marriage brings a lot of responsibilities its better to stay single.
            But even a single person have responsibilities.Responsibility towards parents,sisters,brothers,relatives and even towards friends.

So it is not that a single person is free of responsibilities.

Marriage is a phase of life that everyone has to pass through one day or the other.

In the opinion of the world, marriage ends all, as it does in a comedy. The truth is precisely the opposite: it begins all.
            Megrisoft team member
            Article Directory
            SEO India
            Link Building India

Comment

Why love marriages are better than arranged ones?coz a known devil is better than unknown ghost.........ha ha ha

Comment

What about combination of Arranged marriage and love marriage.

suppose if arranged marriage at 20 degree celcius at 133 KPA and 44.3444 ml is combined with love marriage at 77 degree celcius at 157 kPa and 1443.38979 ml then.

I think that is a better marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
                  What about combination of Arranged marriage and love marriage.

suppose if arranged marriage at 20 degree celcius at 133 KPA and 44.3444 ml is combined with love marriage at 77 degree celcius at 157 kPa and 1443.38979 ml then.

I think that is a better marriage.

what are u trying to convey??
                  miqsh
                  EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

I am trying to spread the new subject which i just invented last night thinking hard. It is a combination of these subjects. astronomy, astrology, technology, psychology, chemistry, idioticlogy, stupidology.

And it is called Soumology.

Comment

my concern about arranged marriages

I would like to share a true story about my good friend who is deeply in love with a guy scheduled to get married in a couple of weeks. The guy currently lives in Michigan and the girl is a Shah who currently resides in NJ. He does not love her, although he knows her for several years now. He feels he is obligated to marry her because he doesn't want to hurt his family and relatives who mostly live in India. He is deeply in love with another girl who also truly loves him. They both want to be together. But because he feels he owes it to his parents and his relatives to obey their wishes, he chose his parents and relatives over her. My good friend is devastated and in shambles because she truly loves this guy and she strongly believes they are meant for each other, but the guy does not think his family would accept her, hence his decision. But she cannot do anything because the guy chose to obey his parents wishes. My questions: how can two people get married when there is no love at the start of their union? What would happen after they get married, when the guy knows deep in his heart that he loves someone else? In my opinion, this is a situation where I don't want to be in. I know many arranged marriages have worked, and I deeply respect parents and relatives who want nothing but the best for their sons or daughters. But I often wonder if the best thing for their children is to let them marry who they love.

Comment

Well that would be a tough situation and i would never want to be in that situation. I think you should only marry a girl you love. I think love marriage is a better choice.

Comment

well i think that parents who are not educated well enough dont know anything about other peoples feelings, well my parents are like that too;they are not educated at all and they wnted me to marry someone their choice and i told them straight that i will not allow that to happen cos at the end of the day its my life and im going to live it so it should be my decision whom i wnt to marry and wnt to be with...

my parents did have a say in my marriage decsion but if i love my partner then i should have a right to marry him... nothing they can do.... they should forget the old tridition and become more modern and move with the time....

advice ur friend to speak to him again and make him see that not all arranged marriages work and if his doesnt he cant do anything about it at that time!!!

well best of luck to all of u!!
                          i hope he sees sence in all of this...he is not just distroying one life but three lifes by going ahead with this decision

Comment

Well i don't think that its the case if our parents are not educated. Its just when they have to keep their promise or are overprotective of us. They don't know the person properly and i think that's the reason that they don't let us do love marriage but we should have a right to say in our marriage and the marriage should be according to my wish.

Comment

I agree with all of you. For my good friend, I wish the guy would have enough courage to come to his parents and tell them that he loves this other girl very much and would want to be with her instead. I think the problem is that he is too scared to lose his family if he doesn't follow their wishes. They told him they would consider him dead and that he should consider them dead if he insists on being with the girl he loves. Like you all, I truly wonder if their arranged marriage would work because I know the guy deeply loves this other girl. Even if he is going to be married to the girl that his parents chose for him, at the end of the day it will still be the other girl that he would be thinking about and would rather be with. I wonder if there's anything that can be done to stop his upcoming marriage with the girl his parents want him to marry...

Comment

Working...
                              X