How Smart You Are?
1.What relation is your niece's brother to you?
2.How many birthdays does the average man have?
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
4. Is it legal for a man in Scotland to marry his widow's sister?
5. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
6. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have ?
7. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour.
How many minutes would the pills last??
8. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
11. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
12. Very tricky maths! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.
Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
13. Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?
1: Answer: Nephew
2: Answer: 1 - Just one!
3: Answer: 12 - all of them!
4: Answer: No - because he is dead!
5: Answer: 70 - 30 divided by 1/2 equals 60! Takes some thinking.....
6: Answer: 2 - you took them, remember?
7: Answer: 60 - Start with the 1st pill, 30 minutes later take the 2nd, then 30 minutes for the 3rd.
8: Answer: 9
11: Answer: 2nd - If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!
12: Answer: 4100 - Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100.
Don't believe it? Check with your calculator!
13: Answer: Nana? Nono NO! Of course not. Her name is Mary.
Last edited by Sonia Sidhu : 09-08-2014 at 06:33 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|