Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used computer business in INDIA

hi everyone,

our company ergoTrade (www.ergotrade.ag) sells about 100.000 used computers, monitore & notebooks every year. most of our goods are currently sold to eastern europe and north africa. now we are thinking of setting up a subsidiary in india to improve our sales activities. can anyone tell us what we have to consider? how is the law regarding the import of used IT equipment? how is the market? is there a big demand? are public indian institutions buying used equipment? are there already companies professinaly involved into that kind of business? (big quantities, permanent stock supply, ...) what location could be best? thank you for your help.
    br.
    M. Winter

I guess it is 100000 computers. Also you didn't mention whether they were refurbished or not.
    To my knowledge, Indian public institutions won't buy used ones. Also doing business with them will be tiresome.
    Right now, used computer business is not an organized one. So there may be potential for you, if you can offer significant price difference and yet the same time come up with good models (I mean specifications). Consumer profile may be like schools, small businesses and individuals.
    Location wise, South or West will be good as there is a wide spread use of computers in this region. Also computer literacy in these regions is very high. Infact, the IT industry in India is dominated by the 3 big southern states and Maharashtra(West). Hence a big market. But in these regions, I read people are quality conscious and not price conscious. You better do research on this, but I put my bets on South.

Comment

Working...
    X