No announcement yet.

In US, need India History help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In US, need India History help please!!

I am in the US and am doing a term paper on the following subject: Compare and contrast India's Holy Men and Hebrew Prophets.

Basically, I want to find out who the men were, what they did during 1000 BCE to 500 BCE. Does anyone know of any websites that would hold information on the Holy Men? I cannot find anything.

Any help you provide would be very beneficial. Thank you in advance.

There's no Holy man as such in India.
    We consider Lord Rama and Lord Krishna as incarnations of Supreme Lord.
    Might be you will be interested in them?

Comment

@Krishna:

What about the countless great philosophers like Shankara, Madhva, Shri Caitanya? I think they are in a wide way comparable with hebrew prophets like Yesaya or Moses.

Comment

These were philosophers but Lord Krishna, Lord Rama are said to be the incarnation of The Supreme Power.
        Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
        www.indiabook.com
        Business
        Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

That's why we can't compare the Hebrew prophets with Shri Krishna or Shri Rama. But similar to Moses or Jeremia or John the listed Indian philosophers tell us the science of the Supreme Lord. So the authors of the New Testament are more similar to Madhva or Caitanya than the authors of the Old Testament.

I think, the only one you can compare i a wide way with Shri Krishna is Jesus, the godsend son.

Comment

Working...
          X