wat is form I 797 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wat is form I 797 ??

Hello everyone.... I am quite new to all vis aapplication process ...Can u help me out..I m applying for H4 ..can u pls tell me wat are forms I 797 and I 129.? Thx a lot..

Originally posted by aashna
    Hello everyone.... I am quite new to all vis aapplication process ...Can u help me out..I m applying for H4 ..can u pls tell me wat are forms I 797 and I 129.? Thx a lot..
    h1b visa is a two step process. in the first step, the USCIS ( a US government department) approves the application for employment in US. In the second step the US embassy issues a h1b visa allowing the person to enter US to take up that employment.

the first step is finished by the issuance of a form I797 by the USCIS. This form is taken by the visa applicant to the US embassy on interview date for the purpose of getting the visa stamped on the passport.

when a spouse goes for a H4 visa, he/she is also required to take this document with her to the embassy for the purpose of issuance of a derivative visa.
    I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Originally posted by aashna
      I-129 is the form where an employer will petition for a non-immigrant worker to come & work in the US.

I-797 is the approval for your H visa and is needed at the US consulate in India in order to get your visa stamped.
      Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani

Comment

Working...
      X