The Pathetic Reliance Infocomm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pathetic Reliance Infocomm

I am based at Gurgaon (Haryana), adjacent to Delhi. Recently I got engaged with a girl who reside at West Bengal. As we both will get married by the end of this year, we decided to talk to each other regularly. All started from here:

The only "Sasta" way to bring our plan into action was to have a Reliance Fixed Wireless Landline connection with Plan 700. So I did. It cost me Rs 3100/-
    1000 Normal Security.
    1000 STD Security.
    800 Membership fee.
    300 Activation fee.
    + few documents.

OK!!!

I received the set with an assurance that it will be activated within 3 hrs and the STD service would get activated after 3 hrs of activation of the phone. I calculated = 3hrs + 3hrs = 6 hrs. and I would be a happy man able to talk with my "Would Be".

Fine, it was around 10:30 AM Friday (6th May). I entered my home with the new set and got it installed. Around 2 PM, I received a call from one of the Executive of "Reliance Web World" guiding me to activate my phone. It worked ! !

"How much time will it take to get my STD activated?" I asked.
    "As soon as your information reflects on our system", She replied.

Fine. I kept on waiting till evening (staring the phone, thinking of my Would Be). In-fact she was also waiting desperately for the service being activated. Reason being: she also purchased a Reliance GSM card (earlier using Airtel-West Bengal) for our "non-stop" conversation.

Around 6 PM, I tried to call up the Reliance Web World people. NO Response!!! I called up the customer care *333. Same problem, some "Shudh Hindi" speaking lady answered me. I told her my grief. Her answer: "Sorry Sir, we could not help you out as it needs to reflect your details into our system in order to activate your STD service." (Keep in mind that on Plan 700, STD security deposit is mandatory!).
    "So, who is the right person to help me out?" I asked.
    "Sir, you need to visit your nearest web world and they will activate
    your STD service." She said.

Here I didn't understand that what is "They & Us"? Are Web World people different than Reliance Infocomm? Anyways, I followed her instructions. Ran to Web World. Asked the same question. The answer came "Sir there is some system problem due to which your details are not being reflected". I took a deep breath, asked when would it show up, got a NULL answer, and returned back. For next couple of hours, I ran back and forth to Web World & keep on calling Customer Care. Finally, nothing happened and I slept with a wish that didn't came true!

Saturday Morning:
    I tried to call up her. Uh..huh..didn't work. Called Customer Care. Same reply "You need to visit your nearest Web World". I did, same answer "System not working". (for God sake!!! Its a 5200 Crore Rs. Industry and a system is nor working for more that 24 hrs?????) Anyways, ran pillar-to-post for the whole day! Things didn't worked. Here I would like to mention that "I" (the customer) was running here and there who had no fault, paid the security, deposited all necessary documents . . . .

Finally, my patience blew off and I called up customer care at around 7 PM (Sat). The guy replied that (this time) their systems are not working and they can't do anything. There was some up gradation going on. To HELL with your system ! ! ! He gave me an expected time duration and assured me that the systems will start working at around
    10:15 PM. OK ! Again I called up the same indigestible number and wanted to take to a Senior authority.......... on hold for 10 minutes...... a lady (called herself "Supervisor") answered. I told her the whole Saga and prayed to get my STD activated, without which
    the connection is useless to me. Can you imagine what kind of silly answer she gave me?

"Sir, please visit your nearest Web World and they will take your request to
    activate your STD."

For GOD sake! Its around 10:30 PM and no Web World would keep them open!!!!!!!!!!!! In-fact they will remain closed tomorrow as well (being Sunday). The lady replied me "Sir then I will request you to kindly wait till Monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I got busted . . . "WHY SHOULD I WAIT TILL MONDAY WITHOUT A GOOD REASON? AND WHY SHOULD I PLACE A REQUEST TO GET MY STD ACTIVATED? ITSN'T IT MANDATORY WITH YOUR PLAN THAT I HAVE TO HAVE THE STD SECURITY DIPOSIT? and finally, WHO IS GOING TO REIMBURSE THE RENTAL FOR THESE 3 UNNECESSARY DAYS WHEN I DIDN'T HAD AN STD CONNECTION?"

No valid reply.

AND here I am...................... still waiting for the service to
    get activated......................

=========
    Kunal Sarkar
Working...
X