It Is Easy To Quit Smoking Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Is Easy To Quit Smoking Now!

I quit smoking. I smoked 60 cigarettes a day at my peak. I started smoking regularly since when I was about 14 years old. After over 35 years I suddenly decided to quit.

Was it easy? YES!

I managed to quit smoking because "my urge to give up was greater than my urge to smoke!" Imagine lighting up a cigarette as soon as you wake up, then another as you have a cuppa, then yet another as go to the loo, and yet another after you brush your teeth, another after breakfast ... and then your day has just begun! I always had time to smoke, no matter what, no matter when. Until I finally dropped off to sleep in the night(after a couple of valiums)... 4 hours sleep and then it began all over again .... I had to smoke....

I was brainwashed (subconsciously) that quitting was difficult. People talked about 'will-power', something I was quite certain I did not posess. Then the more professional contribution on the subject came from so called scientific research- "nicotine dependance" they termed it. Scary stuff really. I read articles about how the blood begins to depend on certain levels of nicotine. Hence, the suggestion that you should use nicotine 'patches' and 'gums'.

The psychological 'fear factor' was tremendous. Will I succeed? Will I survive? How will I feel? Is it really worth the trouble?

Anyway, I decided to QUIT. Nothing happened - NO PHYSICAL WITHDRWAL SYMPTOMS. I had this great fear of NOT BEING ABLE TO QUIT... But I think the URGE TO QUIT was far greater. Day ONE was not too bad, in fact it was quite normal. I kept remembering the fact that I "cannot smoke today!" This remebrance was at times irritating. Day TWO, Day THREE and so on ... finally I realized that the memory had faded substantially. There was NO REAL CRAVING. In fact the so called "CRAVING" that is so publicised is NOT TRUE. There is NO BIOLOGICAL CRAVING... just the fear that you may fail!

Now, it's nearly TWO YEARS. I am smoke-free. I feel good. No feeling of DEPENDANCE. I am FREE! I am not a SLAVE of HABIT. I have more energy. I have better concentration. I never feel restless. I have less EXPENSES TOO!

Congrats,Satsanga!

Anyone who can beat the habit needs a personal kiss of appreciation from the president of the .....

Comment

Working...
    X