Gujjar issue: Minister quits Vasundhara Raje Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gujjar issue: Minister quits Vasundhara Raje Cabinet

Rajasthan Food and Civil Supplies Minister Kirorilal Meena resigned from the Cabinet on Sunday to protest the government’s stand on according Scheduled Tribe status to Gujjars, on which the Justice Chopra committee will be submitting a report on Monday.

His wife Golma Devi, along with her nephew and an MLA Kantilal Meena, drove to Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje’s residence to deliver the resignation letter as the Minister had taken ill and could not go himself.

“I do not know much. He [Kirorilal Meena] is unwell. It is under the Meena community’s pressure and for their welfare that I handed over the letter to the Chief Minister,” Golma Devi told reporters.

She said she did not know why the BJP Minister who represents Sawaimadhopur constituency resigned suddenly.

BJP State president Mahesh Sharma told reporters: “It is a long letter written to the Chief Minister and a copy has been submitted to me. It is not a resignation letter but I will not divulge the contents.” ...Read...
    Jennifer
Working...
X